The Chrome DevTools
This page outlines what you need to do to connect a local browser running on your computer to the Vewd TV Emulator 4.x and start debugging your app using DevTools. For more information on Chrome DevTools, and a list of helpful articles, see Further Reading below.
Connecting to the TV Emulator using DevTools
Due to changes in web standards, the most recent versions of your Chromium-based desktop browsers may not work with the Chrome DevTools on the Vewd TV Emulator.
You can download an older version of the Chromium browser prior to M80 from chromium.org.
For Chromium 79.0.3945.0 developer builds (browser snapshot #706915), download
To connect to the emulator, follow these steps:
- Start up the Vewd TV Emulator. For details, see Running your app.
- Open up a local browser on your computer (must be Chromium based, e.g. Chrome).
- In the browser, go to http://localhost:9222.
- In the page that opens up, under Inspectable WebContents, you should see your web app in the list.
- Click the link to open up DevTools for your app.
- If all goes well, you should see a screen like this:
The following articles may be helpful to learn more about using Chromium DevTools to debug your app: