The Vewd TV Emulator 4.x is a Linux-based virtual machine that runs in Oracle VM VirtualBox, which is a freely available, open-source product. You can visit to download it and read more about it.
In order to get started with the Vewd TV Emulator 4.x, do the following:
- Go to
- Go to https://www.vewd.com/products-services/vewd-tv-emulator/ and download the latest version of Chromium based Vewd TV Emulator (Standalone).
- Unzip the downloaded emulator package which contains:
User Guide/index.html- Emulator documentation
VM Image/Vewd TV Emulator 4.x-<OS>.ovf- This is the VirtualBox configuration file for the VM.
VM Image/Vewd TV Emulator 4.x-disk1.vmdk- This is the VirtualBox disk image file for the VM.
- Open the .ovf file for your host operating system in the VirtualBox by selecting File -> Import Appliance in the VirtualBox UI. The application will ask you to confirm the appliance settings for the VM. You can leave the settings alone and accept the defaults.
- After the appliance has been imported, you should end up seeing something like this:
- Click on Start at the top to launch the Vewd TV Emulator 4.x. Once it boots up, the Vewd Core should load the default 640 x 480 main screen.
- Click Proceed. As you will be installing a third-party component in order to use the emulator in higher resolutions, you need to agree to a Personal Use and Evaluation License (PUEL) by Oracle.
- Click Install. You should see a screen where you can follow the progress of the install. Once this is done the Vewd TV Emulator will restart in HD resolution.
- For more information about third-party software used in the Vewd TV Emulator and to read the license information, click on the Documentation link at the bottom of the main screen.
- Voila! You're all set to start using the Vewd TV Emulator 4.x.