This page just outlines what you need to do to connect a local browser running on your computer to the Vewd TV Emulator 4.x and start debugging your app using DevTools. It doesn't go into detail about the Chromium DevTools. For a list of helpful articles, see Further Reading below.
Connecting to the TV Emulator using DevTools
To connect to the emulator, follow these steps:
- Start up the Vewd TV Emulator. For details, see Running your app.
- Open up a local browser on your computer (must be either Opera or Chromium based, e.g. Chrome).
- In the browser, go to http://localhost:9222.
- In the page that opens up, under Inspectable WebContents, you should see your web app as the one and only item in the list.
- Click the link to open up DevTools for your app.
- If all goes well, you should see a screen like this:
The following articles may be helpful to learn more about using Chromium DevTools to debug your app: