We will not go through the Chromium DevTools in detail here (there is a list of helpful articles at the end of this page). We just highlight what you need to do to connect a local browser running on your computer to the Opera TV Emulator 4.x and start debugging your app using DevTools.
Connecting to the TV Emulator using DevTools
Here are the steps needed to connect to the Emulator:
- Start up the Opera TV Emulator. See running your app.
- Open up a local browser on your computer (must be either Opera or Chrome).
- Navigate your browser to http://localhost:9222.
- In the page that opens up, you should see your WebApp as the one and only item under "Inspectable WebContents" list. Click the link to open up DevTools for your app.
- If all goes well, you should see a screen like this:
To learn how to use the Chromium DevTools to debug your app, the following articles will be helpful: